Day is turning into night. You quietly pull yourself onto the ledge before the cave...\n\nStaying absolutely still, you wait a moment to ensure you have not been heard.\n\n[[Nothing.|Bottle]]
Your hand leaves the gate and you continue on your way through the town until you reach the other side.\n\nThe foothills that lead to the Undun mountains are laid out in front of you.\n\nUndoing your belt, you take it off and use it to tie your father's staff to your back.\n\n[[You head into the foothills. The sun has moved behind some clouds.|Foothills 4]]
Day is turning into night. Each breath shakes through you, but as you pull yourself onto the ledge before the cave...\n\nThe side of the mountain begins to shake, and the stench of rancid air rushes towards you from the depths of the cave.\n\nBefore you can think, [[before you can act|Act 2]]...
Day is turning into night. You quietly pull yourself onto the ledge before the cave...\n\nStaying absolutely still, you wait a moment to ensure you have not been heard.\n\n[[Nothing.|Bottle 2]]
Bright light forces you to open your eyes. It is morning once more.\n\nYanddon lies beneath you. The fires finally silenced.\n\nYou pick up your father's staff from beside the dragon's smashed skull and begin the trek home.\n\nTHE END
And so you tell Rhoshdan Jown of the attack on your house by the beast. The flames that consumed almost everything, but spared you and your mother's sword.\n\n"Show me the sword," Jown asks.\n\n[[You pull the sword out of its scabbard and carefully hand it to the wizard.|Look at sword]]
Seeing its scabbard, lightly charred, on the ground before the rubble, you pick it up and sheath the sword.\n\nUndoing your belt, you hoist the sword on to it and do the belt back up.\n\n[[There is nothing left for you here. You turn to the dirt road that runs near your former home|Road]].
And now you can see it.\n\nThe mouth of the cave you will enter, peeking out halfway up a mountain.\n\nYou stretch your limbs, crack your neck and [[continue your climb|Climb 3]].
With the sun gone, you struggle to warm up in the cold air. Your cloak flaps around you.\n\nYou would be hungry, but your anger propels you upwards. Your hands reach out for purchase and your feet push you up.\n\nThe sword slaps against your thigh.\n\n[[You reach the top of the hill.|Hill]]
Are you…\n[[A boy|Boy]] or\n[[A girl|Girl]]?\n
Smoke still lingers in the air, stinging in your eyes. Each breath racks you as you think of your now departed parents and the friends you will never see again.\nThe sky is darkening. Night is coming.\nYou look to the [[moon now grinning in the sky|Moon]].\n
The gate stands before you. Smoke curls up into the chill morning air from a precariously perched chimney stack atop the stone building's daunting roof.\n\nYour hand rests on the gate...\n\n[[Do you open the gate and head-up the path?|Path]]\n\nOr\n\n[[Do you walk away from the tall roofed dwelling and proceed to the outskirts of Abberstun?|Outskirts]].
And now you can see it.\n\nThe mouth of the cave you will enter, peeking out halfway up a mountain.\n\nYou stretch your limbs, crack your neck and [[continue your climb|Climb]].
You dig into the rubble, carefully avoiding the remaining pockets of heat and draw out your mother’s sword.\n\nIt has survived the intense heat of the attack and gleams in the moonlight.\n\n[[She had not been able to reach it in time|Pick]].\n
And now you can see it.\n\nThe mouth of the cave you will enter, peeking out halfway up a mountain.\n\nYou stretch your limbs, crack your neck and [[continue your climb|Climb 2]].
The gate stands before you. Smoke curls up into the chill morning air from a precariously perched chimney stack atop the stone building's daunting roof.\n\nYour hand rests on the gate...\n\n[[Do you open the gate and head-up the path?|Path 2]]\n\nOr\n\n[[Do you walk away from the tall roofed dwelling and proceed to the outskirts of Abberstun?|Outskirts 2]].
You flinch inwardly and turn to the smouldering rubble behind you.\n\nGlinting in the moon’s cool light, you spot…\n\n[[Something smooth and inviting|Sword]] or…\n\n[[An intricate pattern carved in wood|Staff]].
The foothills that lead to the Undun mountains are laid out in front of you.\n\nUndoing your belt, you take it off and use it to tie your father's staff to your back.\n\n[[You head into the foothills. The sun has moved behind some clouds.|Foothills 3]]
The foothills that lead to the Undun mountains are laid out in front of you.\n\n[[You head into the foothills. The sun has moved behind some clouds.|Foothills 2]]
Its sleeping stones and yawning thatch are only just beginning to stir.\n\nShutters are being pushed open and the night’s business emptied onto the roads below.\n\n[[You risk the middle of the road|Middle 2]].
The dragon's head snaps out of the cave, its long neck stretching into the depths of decayed darkness.\n\nThe beast's eyes spot you clinging on to the ledge and its head lunges down towards you.\n\nAfter the first bite you remeber nothing and all is black.\n\nTHE END
Following the aroma of breakfast in the home's dark innards, you come upon the back of Rhoshdan Jown: wizard and expert of everything.\n\nIt takes a few moments for the wizard to sense that he is being watched. He spins to face you, wooden spatula in hand.\n\n[["Goodness! You startled me... are you here for a spot of breakfast? Why, of course you are!" Jown exclaims.|Sit down]]
You look at the bottle a moment more and then pick it gently off of the table.\n\nFinding a pocket within the folds of your cloak, you carefully place the glowing red bottle inside.\n\n"Thank you," you say and stand up from the kitchen table.\n\n[[The wizard nods.|Back to the front door]]
You look at the bottle a moment more and then pick it gently off of the table.\n\nFinding a pocket within the folds of your cloak, you carefully place the glowing blue bottle inside.\n\n"Thank you," you say and stand up from the kitchen table.\n\n[[The wizard nods.|Back to the front door 2]]
The front door creaks inwards and you get the whiff of sizzling bacon and cooking eggs. Your stomach growls loudly in protest as it recalls your long night time march.\n\n[[You walk deeper into the house.|Deeper 2]]
And so you tell Rhoshdan Jown of the attack on your house by the beast. The flames that consumed almost everything, but spared you and your father's staff.\n\n"Show me the staff," Jown asks.\n\n[[You heft the staff and then carefully hand it to the wizard.|Look at staff]]
Launching yourself off the side of the mountain, toward's the dragon's head, you bring the sword down into its skull.\n\n"Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnggggggghhhhh!" The beast screams as you [[both plummet towards the rocks below|Plummet]].
Its sleeping stones and yawning thatch are only just beginning to stir.\n\nShutters are being pushed open and the night’s business emptied onto the roads below.\n\n[[You risk the middle of the road|Middle]].
Abberstun has woken up and people are busily going about their lives. Horse drawn carts plod along the streets and children scream as they play.\n\nEverything is normal.\n\n[[You head to the outskirts of the town, in the opposite direction from where you came.|Outskirts of town]]
Launching yourself off the side of the mountain, toward's the dragon's head, you bring the staff down onto its skull. Shards of ice crystalise from the tip that has connected with the dragon and snake all over the dragon's head.\n\n"Rrrrrrrrrrrrr-" The beast begins to scream as you [[both plummet towards the rocks below, but its scream is cut short by the ice that has encased its head|Plummet 2]].
The Great Jown ushers you into a pine chair in front of a large pine table, covered in bits and pieces, oddments and curiosities.\n\nBooks are piled low and high.\n\n"Here," says the wizard placing a plate of bacon and eggs in front of you and a knife and fork, "tuck in."\n\n[[You devour the breakfast, playing little attention to Jown joining you at the table with his own.|Breakfast 2]]
You push the gate into the mottled garden, close it gently and head on up the path.\n\nThe front door stands solidly before you. You take a deep breath and then rap upon its paint flaked wood.\n\nThud.\n\n[[Thud.|Door Opens]]
With the sun gone, you struggle to warm up in the cold air. Your cloak flaps around you.\n\nYou would be hungry, but your anger propels you upwards. Your hands reach out for purchase and your feet push you up.\n\nThe staff thumps against your ack.\n\n[[You reach the top of the hill.|Hill 4]]
The sun shines low in the sky. Your cloak partially flaps around you.\n\nYour breakfast gives you strength and your hands reach out for purchase and your feet push you up.\n\nThe sword slaps against your thigh and the bottle weighs down your cloak.\n\n[[You reach the top of the hill.|Hill 3]]
The sun shines low in the sky. Your cloak partially flaps around you.\n\nYour breakfast gives you strength and your hands reach out for purchase and your feet push you up.\n\nThe sword slaps against your thigh and the bottle weighs down your cloak.\n\n[[You reach the top of the hill.|Hill 2]]
Before that day, you would have feared the roads at night. But now the wolves, which normally stalk its crude edges, give you a wide berth.\n\n[[The staff is comforting as you hold onto it with your right hand|Morning 2]].
You run your hands over the staffs carvings and test its weight in your hands. The crystal atop of it faintly glows.\n\n[[There is nothing left for you here. You turn to the dirt road that runs near your former home|Road 2]].
You pull your cloak tightly around your shoulders and stare into the moon’s pitted surface.\n\nFor a moment, the leathered wings of the beast, that destroyed your home and family, rise before you [[within your imagination|Flinch]].\n
And now you can see it.\n\nThe mouth of the cave you will enter, peeking out halfway up a mountain.\n\nYou stretch your limbs, crack your neck and [[continue your climb|Climb 4]].
Your hand leaves the gate and you continue on your way through the town until you reach the other side.\n\nThe foothills that lead to the Undun mountains are laid out in front of you.\n\n[[You head into the foothills. The sun has moved behind some clouds.|Foothills]]
Jown thuds through his house back to the kitchen.\n\nSmiling down on you, the wizard places a glass, stoppered bottle in front of you. Its contents glow red.\n\n"Take this with you to Yanddon's cave. Drink it just before you face him and you will avenge your family."\n\n[[You stare at the bottle.|Take the bottle]]
You pull the bottle out of your cloak and unstopper it.\n\nChugging down the burning blue liquid, you dash the bottle on the side of the mountain and holler:\n\n"Yanddon! Come out here so I may," you pull your father's staff from your back, "turn you into dust!"\n\n[[The mountain begins to shake.|Kill dragon with staff]]
A patchwork garden filled with plants and fungi from near and afar.\n\nAnd a gate with the letters [["R J" set into its carved wood|Wood]].
You feel almost like you want to collapse onto the dirt beneath your feet.\n\nAnd then you see it, unrolling before you in the light of the dawn sun:\n\n[[The town of Abberstun|Abberstun]].
Abberstun has woken up and people are busily going about their lives. Horse drawn carts plod along the streets and children scream as they play.\n\nEverything is normal.\n\n[[You head to the outskirts of the town, in the opposite direction from where you came.|Outskirts of town 2]]
The front door creaks inwards and you get the whiff of sizzling bacon and cooking eggs. Your stomach growls loudly in protest as it recalls your long night time march.\n\n[[You walk deeper into the house.|Deeper]]
Plates cleared and stomachs satsfied, Jown pulls his seat closer to you and studies your begrimed face.\n\n[["So, what really brings you to my home this morning?"|Explain 2]]
You feel almost like you want to collapse onto the dirt beneath your feet.\n\nAnd then you see it, unrolling before you in the light of the dawn sun:\n\n[[The town of Abberstun|Abberstun 2]].
A patchwork garden filled with plants and fungi from near and afar.\n\nAnd a gate with the letters [["R J" set into its carved wood|Wood 2]].
You pull the bottle out of your cloak and unstopper it.\n\nChugging down the burning red liquid, you dash the bottle on the side of the mountain and holler:\n\n"Yanddon! Come out here so I may," you pull your mother's sword from its scabbard, "gut you like a fish!"\n\n[[The mountain begins to shake.|Kill dragon with sword]]
The dragon's head snaps out of the cave, its long neck stretching into the depths of decayed darkness.\n\nThe beast's eyes spot you clinging on to the ledge and its head lunges down towards you.\n\nAfter the first bite you remeber nothing and all is black.\n\nTHE END
Day is turning into night. Each breath shakes through you, but as you pull yourself onto the ledge before the cave...\n\nThe side of the mountain begins to shake, and the stench of rancid air rushes towards you from the depths of the cave.\n\nBefore you can think, [[before you can act|Act]]...
Plates cleared and stomachs satsfied, Jown pulls his seat closer to you and studies your begrimed face.\n\n[["So, what really brings you to my home this morning?"|Explain]]
Before that day, you would have feared the roads at night. But now the wolves, which normally stalk its crude edges, give you a wide berth.\n[[The sword is heavy against your left thigh|Morning]].
You push the gate into the mottled garden, close it gently and head on up the path.\n\nThe front door stands solidly before you. You take a deep breath and then rap upon its paint flaked wood.\n\nThud.\n\n[[Thud.|Door Opens 2]]
Following the aroma of breakfast in the home's dark innards, you come upon the back of Rhoshdan Jown: wizard and expert of everything.\n\nIt takes a few moments for the wizard to sense that he is being watched. He spins to face you, wooden spatula in hand.\n\n[["Goodness! You startled me... are you here for a spot of breakfast? Why, of course you are!" Jown exclaims.|Sit down 2]]
Bright light forces you to open your eyes. It is morning once more.\n\nYanddon lies beneath you. The fires finally silenced.\n\nYou pull your mother's sword out of its skull and begin the trek home.\n\nTHE END
The Great Jown ushers you into a pine chair in front of a large pine table, covered in bits and pieces, oddments and curiosities.\n\nBooks are piled low and high.\n\n"Here," says the wizard placing a plate of bacon and eggs in front of you and a knife and fork, "tuck in."\n\n[[You devour the breakfast, playing little attention to Jown joining you at the table with his own.|Breakfast]]
"Hmmm, yes, yes..."\n\nJown returns the sword to you.\n\nThe wizard gets up from his seat and begins to hunt around the table and shelves that populate the kitchen. Not finding what he wants, he disappears from the room, leaving you to ponder just what it is the wizard is looking for.\n\n[[You hear the sound of books cascading onto the floor above you.|Falling books]]
You know where you are going. You've heard his home described to you a hundred times before.\n\nIt has a tall, [[towering roof|Roof]].
Yanddon tears out of his cave. All you see is a streak of emerald green.\n\nYou pivot to face the beast as it unfurls its wings behind you. The dragon flaps its gigantic limbs to stay level with the being that dares to disturb its slumber.\n\n"Come on!" You yell.\n\n[[Yaddon flies at you, flames building in its belly.|The sword]]
"Hmmm, yes, yes..."\n\nJown returns the staff to you.\n\nThe wizard gets up from his seat and begins to hunt around the table and shelves that populate the kitchen. Not finding what he wants, he disappears from the room, leaving you to ponder just what it is the wizard is looking for.\n\n[[You hear the sound of books cascading onto the floor above you.|Falling books 2]]
You know where you are going. You've heard his home described to you a hundred times before.\n\nIt has a tall, [[towering roof|Roof 2]].
Emily king - <a href="https://twitter.com/ek6891">@ek6891</a>
You pull your cloak tightly around your shoulders and stare into the moon’s pitted surface.\n\nFor a moment, the leathered wings of the beast, that destroyed your home and family, rise before you [[within your imagination|Flinch]].
Yanddon tears out of his cave. All you see is a streak of emerald green.\n\nYou pivot to face the beast as it unfurls its wings behind you. The dragon flaps its gigantic limbs to stay level with the being that dares to disturb its slumber.\n\n"Come on!" You yell as you begin to wave the staff, a spell in mind.\n\n[[Yaddon flies at you, flames building in its belly.|The staff]]
Up a Mountain
Jown thuds through his house back to the kitchen.\n\nSmiling down on you, the wizard places a glass, stoppered bottle in front of you. Its contents glow blue.\n\n"Take this with you to Yanddon's cave. Drink it just before you face him and you will avenge your family."\n\n[[You stare at the bottle.|Take the bottle 2]]
You dig into the rubble, carefully avoiding the remaining pockets of heat and draw out your father’s staff.\n\nIt has survived the intense heat of the attack and the carvings seemingly move in the moonlight. [[He had not been able to reach it in time|Pick 2]].